We absolutely love the simplicity of vegan nori rolls but don’t always have the time to bust out the sushi mat. A quick solution for this problem is our Deconstructed Nori Rolls. These beautifully “stacked” rolls are impressive but take no time at all. Simply, layer your favorite nori rice and veggies in a metal ring and drizzle with our Orange Tahini Dressing. An elegant twist on a classic.
Our Deconstructed Nori Rolls were made with Lotus Foods Organic Jade Pearl Rice. I love this rice for our stacks – it’s soft, light and infused with bamboo.
How to make your own Deconstructed Rolls:
- Start by stacking your cooked rice in a metal ring (you choose the size).
- Layer with your favorite seasonal julienned vegetables.
- Top with avocado, micro greens, sauerkraut, pickled ginger or anything you fancy.
- Drizzle with our Orange Tahini Dressing (recipe below)
- 1 whole orange, peeled
- 1 tablespoon raw tahini (more if you like)
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or Bragg Aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted black sesame seeds
- Throw the peeled orange, tahini, coconut vinegar, coconut aminos, coconut water and tahini into your Vitamix. Give a whirl until creamy. Add in the lightly toasted sesame seeds and turn on for just a second to spin them about. Pour into a clean jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.