Satsuma’s are a seedless, sweet-flavored Mandarin, easy to peel and taste a bit like nature’s candy. The perfect addition for our Satsuma Mandarin Pudding made with young Thai coconut meat. Delicious!
Simple Living Tip: No time to make Satsuma Mandarin Pudding?
Simply peel and segment your Satsuma Mandarin’s and pop them in your mouth. A satisfying dessert in seconds!
Benefits of Satsumas:
- The Satsuma Mandarin is packed with antioxidants, including vitamin C and fiber.
- Rich in pectin (due to the soluble fiber), the satsuma is helpful in decreasing appetite.
Benefits of young Thai coconut meat:
- 1 cup serving of raw, young Thai coconut meat has over 7 grams of dietary fiber.
- Young coconut meat is a balanced source of potassium and sodium helping to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level.
- Young coconut meat contains medium-chain fatty acids, beneficial for heart health.
- Meat of 2 young Thai coconuts, remove woody pieces & slivers
- 6 Satsuma Mandarins, segmented
- 1/2 vanilla bean "caviar"
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut nectar (some like it more sweet than others)
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Toss everything in a high-speed blender and give it a whirl. Continue to blend until creamy. Refrigerate before serving.
- Raw, Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free