Getting ready for the weekend with our Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Bars! Party bars through and through but made with easily sourced ingredients from your local market. These chocolate chunk bars come together easily with minimal ingredients.
Bonus: Any leftovers can be frozen for a weekday treat.
I’ve learned over the years to have snacks and treats ready when Friday night rolls around. You never know when an unexpected group of teenagers will stop by.
Made with simple ingredients we can trust:
Semi-Sweet Mega Chocolate Chunks are from Enjoy Life Foods and are dairy and soy-free.
Gluten-Free flour from Bob’s Red Mill. It’s true, I don’t always grind my own gluten-free mix. On occasion, I need something quick and easy. I’ve found the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour to be reliable. It tends to work as a replacement for my own gluten-free mix in most recipes. I like to have a bag as part of my gluten-free pantry.
- 1 1/3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1 cup smooth organic peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon melted organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (handful) semi-sweet Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper
- Using a medium-size mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: peanut butter, vanilla, melted coconut oil and coconut milk. Stir until well combined. I like to bust our my hand mixer for this part.
- Using a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, palm sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir well to combine. (Again, a hand mixer works well for this).
- Finally add in your chocolate chunks and stir to distribute evenly.
- Place batter into prepared pan and smooth out with spatula or clean hands.
- Bake 25 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- I love serving these with a scoop of vegan coffee ice cream! DREAMY!
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.