If you’re like me, striving to do the right thing by food isn’t always easy. Every day another study comes out with more bad news about our favorite foods and the impact those foods may have on our bodies. Today I’m sharing a simple recipe for my Sunflower Not Butter, an interpretive solution for what to slather on your morning toast. Made with a base of simple sunflower butter and coconut oil, this lovely spread can be transformed by adding your favorite herbs & seasonings. My panacea for a healthier solution to butter. This buttery concoction is semi-homemade, non-GMO, plant-based, doesn’t harm animals, and tastes amazing. Also, none of the key ingredients start from a plastic container. Slather it on toast, potatoes, pancakes, waffles, smoothies, etc. Whatever your fancy, this stuff is amazing.
Sunflower Not Butter Ideas:
Sunflower Not Butter with fresh basil, nutritional yeast flakes, freshly grated turmeric and sea salt. My solution for any baked potato.
Sunflower Not Butter with cinnamon, maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. My solution for cinnamon toast or waffles.
Sunflower Not Butter with a superfood twist. Add in Sunfood’s Maca Powder, coconut nectar and a pinch of sea salt for an added warrior boost when slathered on your favorite baked goods – toast, muffins, etc.
Sunflower Not Butter with a Warrior punch. Add in 1 scoop Sunwarrior’s new Mocha flavored Warrior Blend to the mix. After stirring into your Not Butter base, take 1 Tablespoon and add to warmed almond, coconut or hemp milk for a delicious and nutritious morning beverage.
- 6 Tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 2 Tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Nutritional yeast flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated turmeric
- 1 pinch high-quality sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Spread on your favorite foods.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods