Raw, vegan banana ice cream with a tart cherry twist! Our Tart Cherry Nana Cream is insanely delicious, sweetened by nature and made in just under 10 minutes. We’ve swirled together antioxidant rich tart cherries with bananas, dates and a splash of Navitas Naturals Lucuma Powder to create a dessert that is not only good for the soul but also beneficial for the body.
DO YOU SUFFER FROM PAIN AFTER AN INTENSE WORKOUT?
Tart cherries contain anthocyanins, providing both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Some studies have shown the consumption of tart cherry juice by athletes may increase the ability for muscles to rebound after intense physical activity, as well as, reduce pain associated with a strenuous workout.
Other Benefits of Tart Cherries:
- Tart cherries are rich in fiber, vitamin C, carotenoids, and anthocyanins.
- Consuming tart cherry juice may lower your levels of uric acid and risk of gout.
- The natural melatonin in cherries has been found to support restful. Click here for Dr. Weil’s blog post on the benefits of drinking tart cherry juice for restful sleep.
We couldn’t serve these pretty little nana cream cups without adding a dark chocolate macaroon on top from Emmy’s Organics. These perfectly sweetened, dark chocolate macaroons are a favorite at the Kelly Camp!
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soaked 4-6 hours)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Navitas Naturals Lucuma
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 cup tart cherries
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon Spicely Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch high-quality sea salt (Himalayan is nice)
- Using a high-speed blender or food processor, add coconut milk and cashews. Blend until creamy.
- Add vanilla, pinch of sea salt, cinnamon, lucuma, pitted dates and frozen bananas. Blend until creamy.
- Pour half the mixture into dessert cups.
- Add tart cherries to remaining banana mixture and blend until creamy.
- Top dessert cups with cherry mixture and swirl with a knife. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Top with one Emmy's Organics Dark Cacao Macaroon.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.