It’s salad week in the Goofy Foot Foods kitchen! All week we’ll be sharing our idea of summer salads gone right. Salads that have just a little something special to offer but won’t break the bank or take too long to make. We’re kicking off the week with our Mango Salad, made with sweet mango, red cabbage, hemp seeds and plenty of lime juice.
A you may know, I often add hemp seeds to my recipes in order to increase the plant-based protein content. I’ve tried several different brands of hemp and always come back to Manitoba Harvest. As the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer, Manitoba continues to share their passion for this life-giving plant by providing thoughtfully crafted products grown and produced under their watchful eye. They love what they do and it shows in their products.
Manitoba Harvest offers a full-line of hemp products, including hemp hearts (raw, shelled hemp), protein powder, snack-bites and oil. Click here for $1.00 off any of the (7 oz or larger) Manitoba products.
Benefits of Hemp Seeds:
- 10 grams of pure, plant-based protein per 30 gram serving (about 3 tablespoons)
- Hemp seeds provide a balanced ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in essential minerals like magnesium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- Mild taste and can be added to just about anything.
- 1 ripe mango, skin removed and cut into strips
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin (Optional)
- 1 pinch high-quality sea salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- In a small bowl combine coconut vinegar, lime juice, lime zest and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sliced mango, cabbage, hemp seeds, cilantro, basil, and onion.
- Pour lime dressing over the salad and toss lightly to coat.
- Serve cold.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.