We’re kicking off the week with my Eat Your Peas Quinoa Salad. A simple salad that’s easy to prep and can be made ahead for a quick lunch or dinner option. Perfect for a busy schedule. Keeping the ingredients simple, and making your own dressings, not only saves time but increases your daily nutritional needs with every bite. Think about how long those bottled salad dressings have been sitting on the shelves of your local market. Don’t be fooled by the pretty packaging, create your own. It’s easy and you’ll be amazed with the flavor combinations you can create in your kitchen.
Benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa is a gluten-free seed considered to be one of the top sources of plant protein available.
- Contains 14 percent protein and all essential amino acids.
- Packed with fiber.
- Rich in quercetin – a flavonoid known to hep support respiratory health due to the antihistamine effects.
Benefits of sugar snap peas:
- High in Vitamin C – great for wound healing and anti-aging.
- High in fiber – helpful for digestive health and weight management.
- Rich in vitamins A and K.
Eat Your Peas Quinoa Salad2015-02-02 09:12:33Write a reviewSalad
- 2 cups tri-color quinoa, prepared according to package directions
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends and strings removed then cut in half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt or other high-quality salt
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1” piece ginger
- ¼ granny smith apple, peeled
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions, cool completely.
- Prep salad ingredients.
- Combine cooled quinoa, diced apple, shredded carrot, diced onion, sugar snap peas, slivered almonds and a pinch of sea salt. Toss lightly.
- Place all dressing ingredients into your Vitamix or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Feel free to adjust seasonings according to your own tastes.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.