Pancakes have never been one of my favorite breakfast choices but were often the weekend request by my children when they were younger. My little kitchen definitely saw its fair amount of skillet cakes in the mornings. I have many sweet memories of my kids and their friends having late-night sleepovers that ended with a fluffy stack of pancakes and syrup the following morning.
My long-standing issue with pancakes isn’t the memories they conjure up but the reality that I’m not very good at making them! Most weekend pancake sessions have ended with me burning several before turning the spatula over to my husband Bill, the KING of pancakes. Yep, Bill has the patience of a saint when it comes to making round, fluffy cakes for breakfast. Now that my kitchen is a completely gluten-free kitchen, these fluffy cakes are even more challenging…until now. My Simple Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes are versatile and delicious!
When it comes to pancake toppings, I typically leave that up to the pancake eater, often offering an array of choices: real maple syrup, berry syrup, fresh fruit, chocolate chips and nuts. Keep it fun and enjoy the ride my pancake making friends!
If you’re not in the mood for making your own gluten-free pancake mix, check out one of my favorite prepackaged mixes by Namaste Foods. This mix produces a nice pancake and and allows for vegan flexibility by following the website suggestions for egg substitutions.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl, whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients - whisk.
- Add wet to dry and stir until well combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to an iron skillet over medium heat.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls. This is the hard part...WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE BUBBLES, then flip. Flipping too soon will result in a mess, trust me! haha! I know how to ruin pancakes.
- If you're interested in the simple berry syrup (shown in photos) as a topping, simply add frozen organic berries and real maple syrup to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 3-5 minutes. That's it folks.
- vegan, gluten-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.