This one is super easy folks! Today’s post gives you the lowdown on how to make a simple side dish that also doubles as a lunchtime salad. My Simple Roasted Sweets start with sweet potatoes that have been diced and coated with a little extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I’ve added a touch of fresh rosemary to give this dish a little holiday cheer.
After the sweet potatoes have been roasted, simply add a splash of fresh squeezed lime juice and toss with roasted pistachios, hemp seeds and pomegranate arils.
Note: I happen to love the combination of roasted pistachios and pomegranate arils, not only very pretty but also nutritious. The hemp seeds give this dish a boost of protein which is always a win in my book.
Benefits of Hemp Seeds in our Simple Roasted Sweets:
- 3 tablespoons of hemp seeds provide a whopping 10 grams of powerful plant protein that contains all 8 essential amino acids.
- A balanced source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Rich in fiber and an excellent source of iron, magnesium and zinc.
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon high-quality sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 - 1 lime
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare sweet potatoes.
- In a large bowl, toss together diced sweet potato, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, sea salt and pepper.
- Place sweets in an even layer on a large baking pan. Roast 30-40 minutes. Should be fork tender when done.
- Let cool slightly.
- Combine roasted sweets, pistachio nuts, pomegranate arils and hemp seeds. Squeeze a little lime juice over the bowl and toss lightly.
- vegan, gluten-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.