Who doesn’t love an ice cream bar on a hot day? Here you go my friends…a “VEGAN” Chocolate Covered Ice Cream Bar. Our Coconut Ice Cream Bars aim to please with a creamy vanilla base and a layer of thick chocolate and coconut on top. We made it easy by melting Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks.
We purchased our Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks and young Thai coconut from Jimbo’s Naturally. The perfect place to get inspired this summer!
Enjoy Life Foods is the perfect resource for those suffering from the inability to handle gluten in their diets. These delicious chunks are gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, egg-free, soy-free, and shellfish-free! WOW! Megan (my girl with Celiac Disease) is hooked!
- Meat of 1 young Thai coconut
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar (of course, feel free to substitute coconut nectar or even agave - I happened to be out of both)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- pinch of high-quality sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- Add all base ice cream ingredients to your Vitamix or high-speed blender. Run until creamy.
- Pour into ice cream molds and place in freezer overnight.
- Over low heat, melt Mega Chunks and coconut milk, stirring continually. Add in vanilla and stir.
- Dip frozen ice cream bars into melted chocolate mixture and sprinkle with coconut. Place on waxed paper in the freezer for about 2-4 hours, or until chocolate has hardened.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free