Vegans in the Hood is our passion project and was created out of a need to find both plant-based and gluten-free options to support health.
We’re on a path to wellness and have collectively dealt with some fairly serious health issues. We understand and empathize with those of you trying to maneuver through the world of food, especially when your health depends on it.
A small peek into our own health issues…
- Autoimmune issues: Allergies, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Epstein Barr Virus, Celiac Disease
- Serious traumatic events: bone tumor, perforated esophagus and eventual esohpagectomy (read more on “About” page)
- Ongoing: High BP , ventricular tachycardia, weight issues
- Bi-products of ill health: acne, anxiety and depression
What we do…
- Check out eateries that provide both plant-based and gluten-free options. We love chatting with the chefs, cooks and staff about their own personal mission to provide clean-eating options. We share our experience with you on the blog and through social media. Keep a look out for Vegans in your local Hood.
- We also search for enthusiastic people, yes people, who have created products that are vegan and gluten-free, minimally processed, organic, and non-GMO.
It’s always so much fun chatting with these folks and sharing their love and passion for healthy eating with you.
We’re in the trenches with you and hope to shed some light and lead the way to healing through information, love and laughter.
Kris Kelly, Megan Kelly, Faith Kelly, Bill Kelly, Keenan Kelly, Kelsey Turman, Pamela Turman, Billy Kelly & Sarah Leidy