It’s beginning to feel more like Christmas each day in the Kelly house. With the tree trimmed and stockings hung, we’ve shifted our focus to Christmas menu planning and cookie baking. Today I’m sharing my version of homemade Gluten Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies made with an updated, freshly ground, gluten-free mix.
Our Gluten Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies might sound a bit basic, however, they always seem to brighten a cool December afternoon with a little holiday nostalgia and nod to Santa.
Slightly soft with a crunchy edge, these chocolate chippers have an added holiday surprise with the addition of dried cranberries from Eden Foods. Of course, feel free to use any dried fruit of your choice. My only suggestion would be to keep the dried fruit similar in size to your chocolate chips.
Gluten Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
The chocolate chips in this recipe come from Enjoy Life Foods and are free from the most common food allergens. (eggs, soy, dairy and gluten). I love the taste and texture of their Dark Chocolate Morsels in these cookies.
Because these cookies are completely vegan, we’ve chosen to use Earth Balance Soy-Free Vegan Buttery Sticks. Although, I typically use nut butters as the fat in my cookie recipes, it is the holidays, and having a little fun with food is the name of the game.
Okay my friends, I’ll leave you to it.
Tie up your aprons and blast that Christmas music. It’s time to snuggle up with your family, some warm cookies and mug of hot chocolate! Enjoy your week everyone.
First we’ll make snow angels for two hours,
then we’ll go ice skating,
then we’ll eat a whole roll of Toll-House cookie-dough as fast as we can,
and then we’ll snuggle.
-Buddy the Elf
- Gluten Free Flour Mix: (Note: I ground my white rice and brown rice flours in my mill)
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- 1 cup organic white rice flour
- 1 cup organic gluten-free oat flour (ground myself)
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch (feel free to substitute tapioca flour for those with allergies to potato)
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free mix above or you're favorite mix from the local market.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 Earth Balance Soy-Free Vegan Buttery Sticks, room temperature - 2 sticks
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- ¾ cup organic brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar and 2 teaspoon molasses)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 golden flax eggs: Combine 2 Tablespoons ground golden flax seeds with 5 Tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups Enjoy Life Dark Morsels
- ½ cup dried Eden Foods Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ground flax seeds and water. Set aside
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- I typically use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, however, if you don’t have one, feel free to use a large mixing bowl and hand mixer or large spoon. Combine softened vegan buttery sticks and both sugars. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and flax eggs. Beat until incorporated.
- Add flour mix to creamed butter & sugar mixture. Blend until just combined. Add chocolate chips and cranberries. Stir until combined.
- Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and soft in the middle.
- Let cool slightly before eating.
- vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.