It’s that time again! My sweet Faith is off to school for the first day of her Senior year. Met with a slew of emotions, I started my day by making a quick plate of avocado toast and fresh strawberries. After loading up her breakfast tray, the dogs and I headed up for our usual good morning hello. This procession of love began on Faith’s first day of kindergarten and will continue until her last day in our home. Time goes by without so much as a whisper of truth. Watching her wings grow right before my eyes has not prepared me for letting go. Although the subtle knock of dorm life will soon appear, until then I will continue to approach each day with gratitude for a daughter who has brought so much laughter, love and complete joy to my life.
Get ready school year…here we come!
This post is dedicated to all mommies who face that 5:30 a.m. call to duty during the months of August through June. Our vegan and gluten-free, Back to School Banana Breakfast Muffins are the answer to any busy mom’s prayers. Made to order or ready to freeze, these babies will see you through the rocky first week of school. I hope you enjoy our idea of breakfast as much as the Kelly crew.
- Bob’s Red Mill: Teff flour and tapioca flour:
- GF Harvest: Certified gluten-free, organic oats. (I grind the oats in my coffee grinder to create flour)
- Big Tree Farms: Coconut Palm Sugar
- Eden Foods: Aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free mix
- Note: (My own DIY gluten-free mix is made with the following: 2 cups teff flour, 2 cups brown rice flour, 1 cup tapioca flour, 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup oat flour)
- 1 Tablespoon golden flaxseeds (ground in coffee grinder to make a meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a regular size muffin tin with cooking spray or line with baking cups.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar Stir and set aside.
- Using a small bowl, mash ripe bananas with the back of a fork until all large pieces are broken down.
- Add Mascobado sugar, maple syrup, olive olive oil, aquafaba and almond milk mixture to the mashed bananas.
- Stir to combine.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir until well combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.