Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Today I’m sharing my Gluten Free Love Cookies paired with homemade vegan strawberry ice cream. This cookie recipe remains one of my favorites due to the versatility and ease of making.
I was lucky to find a few baskets of juicy, organic strawberries at the market which made for a delicious addition to my homemade ice cream. The sweet strawberries and ribbons of chocolate are perfection in my vegan world.
Mixing it up by adding essential oils:
The beauty of adding essential oils to your batter is the intense boost of flavor without a change in consistency of your dough. For a minty twist, try adding a few drops of peppermint essential oil from Epigentics Lab to the recipe below. These oils are 100% USDA organic and Non-GMO.
For the Kiddos:
I love the thin, crispy texture of these cookies and often use them to make ice cream sandwiches for the kids. Simply add a small scoop on the bottom side of your cookie and top with another cookie. Roll in mini chocolate chips or try these naturally dyed sprinkles for a whimsical treat.
Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar from Alter Eco Foods
Organic Dark Blackout Bar from Alter Eco Foods
Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour"nofollow"a> from Bob’s Red Mill
Soy-Free Vegan Butter Stick from Earth Balance
Optional: 100% organic essential oils"rel="nofollow"a> from Epigenetics Lab
Much love my friends!
- 1 stick Earth Balance Buttery Stick (or other vegan butter)
- 1/2 cup Alter Eco Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 Alter Eco Dark Blackout Bar, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax seed to 2.5 Tablespoons water)
- 1 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. F.
- Divide chocolate bar in half. Melt half the bar in the microwave or over a double boiler. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a medium-size bowl, cream vegan butter, sugar, 1/2 melted chocolate bar and flax egg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Form a dough ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough and roll into desired thickness. About 1/4" thick. I typically roll my dough in between two sheets of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Cut out cookie shapes with seasonal cookie cutters. Place onto baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Melt remaining 1/2 chocolate bar and drizzle over cooled cookies. Refrigerate.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.