Are you in need of a recipe for your gluten-free brunch guests? If so, look no further, we’ve got you covered with our Gluten Free Berry Brunch Scones.
Quick to make and sure to impress, our lovely scones are both gluten-free and vegan. We’ve added two of our favorite berries in this recipe but please feel free to substitute any seasonal fruit of your liking.
Biscuit-like quick bread is typically not tolerated for most folks with gluten sensitivities, making breakfast one of the most difficult meals to share with our friends and family. Megan and I know first-hand how difficult it can be to attend a breakfast meeting or family gathering when the only offerings are fruit (if we’re lucky) and tea or coffee.
Measure room temperature (liquified) coconut oil and then pour into a shallow dish. Place in the refrigerator until solid. Break into chunks just as you would cut cold butter into cubes for a pastry recipe.
Although my own milled grain is best, we are currently using Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour in some of our baking recipes. It seems to work well with scones and pie crust.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- Note: For this recipe, I combined 1-cup Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free Heritage Blend All Purpose Flour Mix and 1-cup Wholesome Cow Organic Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground golden flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon organic Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk (add ground flax seeds and apple cider vinegar. Stir and set aside for 3-5 minutes)
- 6 Tablespoons cold coconut oil (I like my coconut oil solid - similar to cold butter)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grind 1 Tablespoon golden flax seeds in a clean coffee grinder.
- Add ground flax and apple cider vinegar to 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk (or alternative milk of choice) and set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, sea salt and sugar. Pulse until well combined.
- Add milk and flax mixture and continue to pulse until dough begins to come together.
- Add cold coconut oil and pulse until dough ball begins to form.
- Pour dough into a large mixing bowl and add chopped berries. Using a large spoon or clean hands, distribute berries evenly throughout.
- Create a round ball and flatten into a disc shape about 1" thick.
- Cut into 8 equal sliced and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 27-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.