We’re in love with the organic peaches of summer, not only because of their seasonal sweetness but also because of the health benefits they provide. Peaches are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, beneficial for fighting free-radicals and increasing hydration in the skin. They also provide an abundance of potassium, beneficial for those of us who tend to experience irregular heartbeats due to low potassium levels. With an abundance of chlorogenic acid and neochlorogenic acid, peaches help inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells. Our Vegan Grilled Peach Ice Cream is a delicious way to consume this highly beneficial and seasonal summer fruit.
Cut peaches in half, removing pits. Slice into segment sizes you enjoy – I typically slice my peaches into eight sections. Spray a grill pan with coconut cooking spray or lightly oil with coconut oil and heat over medium-high heat. Lay peaches in a single layer on the heated grill pan, cook 4-5 minutes per side until soft and lightly charred.
Incorporating grilled and raw peaches into your summer meal plans:
Slice on top of your morning oatmeal.
Add to your favorite ice cream.
Add to your summer salads.
Vegan Grilled Peach Ice Cream: A dreamy summer dessert!
I hope you enjoy my Vegan Grilled Peach Ice Cream as much as I do, I know your skin, heart and breasts will thank you.
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk (I use Native Forest by Edward & Sons)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soaked at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2.5 pounds ripe, organic peaches (about 4-5 cups) - pitted and grilled or roasted to soften and increase the sweetness. Option: using raw peaches works as well.
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup organic Mascobado Sugar from Alter Eco Foods
- Tip: You're ice cream base should taste slightly too sweet, as sweetness is reduced after freezing.
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla
- Lightly oil a grill pan with coconut oil. Add sliced peaches and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until softened and lightly charred.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. I use my Vitamix.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add mix to your ice cream maker. Each ice cream maker is different, processing time will vary.
- Option: If desired add chopped peaches to ice cream just before processing is complete.
- vegan, gluten-free, soy-free