As we approach the end of another school year and begin transitioning to summer, I find myself craving the fruity gifts of the season. My Summer Fruit Cheesecake Tarts mark the beginning of another juncture in our lives, one with older kids (now adults), a teenager that will undoubtedly want to take the car anywhere and everywhere, and an older dog who, in spite of multiple tumors, continues to jump from the stairs as he runs to get his toy. With a collective breath, we continue to power through the end of spring and look forward to the warm days ahead.
The glorious month of May is a special time for me with it’s overcast mornings, sunny afternoons and shift in energy.
During this time of year, I’m reminded of the restless anticipation that seemed to consume me just before both of my boys were born. Yep, two May babies in our family.
Billy, (May 9, 1988) turned 28 last week, a number that truly blows our minds. Bill and I cannot believe our baby boy is 28.
Keenan (May 28, 1986) turns 30 in a couple of weeks. YIKES! It seems like yesterday he was born in a little one bedroom house in Leucadia. My first born, my first home birth and the beginning of our beautiful Kelly Crew!
Truly blessed and looking forward to all of the adventures and watching their glorious lives unfold.
“Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun.”
Young Thai Coconut Meat: Jimbo’s Naturally
Organic Cashews: Costco, Carlsbad
Almond Milk, Organic Almonds from Jimbo’s Naturally
Coconut Nectar: Big Tree Farms (my new favorite)
Raw Pecans: Trader Joes, Encinitas
Organic Mulberries: Sunfood
Chocolate Drizzle: Madécasse Dark Chocolate Bar
Vanilla: Madécasse Vanilla
These fruit tarts are so fun when drizzled with a melted chocolate bar. Loving the 80% dark bar from Madécasse! Simply melt in a double boiler and drizzle over top of cold tarts.
- 1.5 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup mulberries
- 1 Tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch high-quality sea salt
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- Meat of 1 young Thai coconut, all woody parts removed
- 1 probiotic capsule
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut nectar (feel free to sub maple syrup or raw honey)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
- 1-2 summer peaches, plums or cherries
- 1 Madécasse chocolate bar, melted
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until crumble begins to stick together.
- Divide into 4 mini-tart pans and press firmly with fingers.
- Set aside.
- Drain soaked cashews.
- Prepare young Thai coconut meat - you should end up with about 1/2 - 3/4 cup coconut meat. The softer the better for a creamy consistency.
- Using a food processor add all ingredients (remember to open the probiotic capsule and discard the shell - we're not blending the pill, just the powder).
- Pulse, stopping along the way to scrape down the sides of your machine.
- Continue blending until you get a creamy consistency.
- Feel free to add a splash of coconut water if needed.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust in tart pans.
- Smooth out with a knife or spatula.
- Arrange sliced summer fruit or berries on top.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Remove and drizzle with warmed chocolate bar.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, raw
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods