As we enter into holy week, I’m reminded of the following excerpt from Mother Teresa’s Meditations from A Simple Path:
“Everything is God’s to give and to take away, so share what you’ve been given, and that includes yourself.”
I truly believe our real work on this earth is to share our souls via love, compassion and true authenticity. We are challenged by some to view things just a little differently. The struggle is to accept, with a loving heart, the differences we see in our neighbor without letting go of our own beliefs. Walking together with unique points of view and bringing our own light to the collective table is the true beauty in this life.
If you’re struggling with a menu for Easter weekend, I thought you might enjoy my Gluten Free Easter Crumb Cake as a nice addition for breakfast or brunch. It boasts a gluten-free and vegan base with juicy blueberries and a lovely sweet crumble on top.
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons ground golden flaxseeds (buzz in coffee grinder to creat meal)
- 3/4 cup coconut plam sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh, organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup oats, slightly buzzed in a coffee grinder or food processor
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a round cake pan.
- Combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine flours: millet, buckwheat, brown rice, oat and arrowroot. Add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, golden flaxseed meal, coconut palm sugar and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Combine coconut milk mixture, almond butter and vanilla.
- Add coconut milk mixture and blueberries to dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 28-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods