I’m sure it’s no surprise that my idea of Pad Thai starts with plenty of fresh, organic vegetables giving our Semi Raw Rainbow Pad Thai it’s vivid color and fresh crunch. I absolutely love eating salads (often eating one every day) but get bored with using simple greens, carrots and celery. You get where I’m going with this – the basic side salad at any restaurant U.S.A. – HaHa! Well no more!
Not only is this salad nutritious and delicious, but also completely NUT and OIL free.
We’ve substituted sunflower seed butter as a healthy fat in our slightly spicy and slightly sweet dressing. Made with love for our nut-free friends!
Veggie Noodles: Our Semi Raw Rainbow Pad Thai begins with thinly sliced and julienned vegetables. These raw “noodles” give our salad a leg-up in the nutrition department with their rainbow of colors, enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
Pad Thai Rice Noodles: Instead of traditional Pad Thai noodles, we’ve grounded our mostly raw salad with the addition of Lotus Foods, Jade Pearl Rice™ Ramen. These quick-cooking noodles can be eaten warm or cold and are infused with chlorophyll-rich, wild-crafted bamboo extract. Now that is value added when eating such a simple dish.
Note: Our salad can be completely raw by omitting the addition of rice noodles in this dish.
- 2 Lotus Foods, Jade Pearl Rice Ramen cakes, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Optional: 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed (omit if soy-free diet is desired)
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- juice of 1 large lime + 1 tsp. zest
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespsoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Cook noodles according to package directions, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Prep vegetables.
- Combine cooled noodles and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients (using a hand held immersion blender works as well)
- Pour dressing over noodle veggie mix.
- Toss lightly and serve.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.