As we jump into a new year, I’ve decided the snacking routine around my house needs an update. Yes, even a plant-based and gluten-free household needs adjustments from time to time. Like many folks, the Kelly Crew has been known to become complacent with our food choices, allowing the not-so-good for us, pre-packaged snacks into the fold. Now, you know I love my natural product compadres, however, nothing beats whole foods in the nutrition department…snacks included! Our Curly Paprika Sweet Potato Fries are a step in the right direction when it comes to snacking. These crunchy, curly bites are easy to make, slightly sweet and are sure to satisfy the potato chip snacker in your life.
Did you know…
Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin B6, one of the B vitamins effective for lowering homocysteine levels – a contributor to hardening of the arteries and blood vessels.
Sweet potatoes contain twice the fiber of other potatoes, helping keep us satiated longer.
Curly Paprika Sweet Potato Fries served with our Vegan Onion Dip:
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and caramelized in a little extra virgin olive oil and pinch of salt.
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cups soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 hand full fresh parsley
- Run in my Vitamix until smooth and creamy.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, spiralized with skins
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dry brush sweets, rinse and pat dry.
- Run through a sprializer to create curly ribbons.
- Toss ribbons with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Lay ribbons out (in a single layer) on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil for 5 minutes. Watch closely as you want them crispy but not burnt.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.