Keeping with tradition this holiday season, we’ve decide to recreate the historical Victorian Christmas cake with a Goofy Foot twist. Traditional fruitcakes are extremely dense with an abundance of boozy fruit and nuts. We’ve decided to remove the booze and lighten it up with our Vegan Fruitcake Macaroons. These lovely coconut cookies deliver the full-flavors of the season with a lightness your tummy is sure to enjoy.
Traditional coconut macaroons are made with egg whites and condensed milk, but not to worry, we’ve taken the animal products out and replaced them with the power of plants. Our macaroons are vegan and gluten-free.
Not-So- Traditional Dried Fruit in our Vegan Fruitcake Macaroons:
Dried Organic Cherries from Eden Foods
Dried Organic Cranberries from Eden Foods
Dried Organic Mulberries from Sunfood Superfoods
Dried Organic Turkish Apricots from Trader Joe’s
Dried Organic Pineapple from Made In Nature
Plenty of Christmas Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger) from Spicely Organics
- 1/2 cup white rice flour (I ground Alter Eco Jasmine Rice in my mill)
- 3 Tablespoons ground golden flax seeds
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons desiccated coconut (I like Edward & Sons, Let's Do...Organic)
- 1/3 cup Alter Eco Mascobado sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (I like Edward & Sons, Native Forest)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup finely chopped dried fruit (I equal amounts of cherries, cranberries, mulberries, apricots and pineapple)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (rice flour, ground golden flax seeds, coconut, sugar, sea salt and spices. Whisk until well combined. Stir in dried fruit.
- Using a small bowl, combine 1-13.5 oz can of full-fat coconut milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla and orange zest. Whisk.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.