As I begin preparations for our own Thanksgiving feast, I’ve decided to keep it as simple as possible this year. My energy is not as high as hoped this month (typical issue for those with Sjogren’s Syndrome), therefore, I’m utilizing some of my favorite pre-made products to serve along side my homemade vegan feast. Today’s post is all about hors d’oeuvres – platters of snack-type foods passed before a meal. Just because I have an energy deficit, does not mean I need to forgo taste, instead, I’ve decided to simply shorten a few of the steps. My recipe for “quick” Herbed Cashew Cheese, served with a platter of Jilz Gluten Free Crackerz and seasonal fruit, is a perfect pre-meal starter for the big day. Jill is a compassionate food entrepreneur with a desire to provide a delicious product that is grain-free, gluten-free and vegan- all made with minimal ingredients. I love sharing food that others have created from their own kitchens with a passion and purpose. Such a beautiful energy to share on Thanksgiving Day!
Other hors d’oeuvres ideas from previous posts:
Simple Tips for Survival:
- Keep it simple, dance while your cooking, and hug every guest!
- Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probiotic – added to my cashew cheese – provides the added benefit of 200 Billion Live Cultures.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 packet Renew Life Ultimate Flora Probiotic (provided 200 Billion Live Cultures per serving)
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut juice (I used Farmhouse Culture Ginger Beet juice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (optional: try Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (I used 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary)
- Drain soaked cashews
- Using a high-speed blender, add soaked cashews, probiotic packet, yeast flakes, sauerkraut juice, and aminos. Blend until creamy. If needed add a little coconut water for desired consistency.
- Remove from container and add herbs. Stir until well combined. (Quick tip: I added my herbs straight into my Vitamix - one to two quick pulses, and they were all mixed in nicely.
- Serve with crackers, fruit, or veggies. Also, delicious as a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.