When the weather turns cold, I like to boost my immune system with a few DIY remedies made with simple and nutritious foods found at any market. My Wellness Formulas come in many forms but today I’m focusing on the kids (and the men in my life) with a creamy Immunity Boosting Lemonade. Most kids (and adults) won’t turn down a refreshing glass of lemonade, the trick is to give them what they want with a seasonal twist and a few extra sneaky ingredients. Our Immunity Boosting Lemonade contains a few secret ingredients to boost vitamin C levels and keep you going all season long.
Sneaky Immune Boosting Ingredients:
Thyme provides both antiseptic and disinfectant properties – traditionally used for stomach pain, lung congestion, cough, and overall flu-like symptoms. Check out our Cough and Cold Tea for more about thyme.
Organic lemons (including the peel) contain bioactive flavonoids. These phytonutrients are needed for better absorption of vitamin C and reduction of oxidative stress.
Fresh Turmeric is is rich in antioxidants and well known for both anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
Hemp seeds are rich in essential fatty acids and contain eight essential amino acids plus two conditionally essential amino acids making them one of the best plant-based sources of protein on the planet.
- 2 cups creamy nut milk (I used homemade almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cut pineapple
- 1 large banana
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- Juice of 1 whole organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2" piece fresh turmeric, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme leaves removed from stalk.
- Using a high speed blender, add all ingredients and blend until creamy. Serve and ENJOY!
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free