Many of us suffer from that infamous mid-week slump. Hump day rolls around and our wind loses its sail, followed by a lack of energy and an empty refrigerator. Here’s a great tip, re-energize yourself with something fun, tasty and visually appealing. I love serving Bare Snacks because they’re crunchy, nutritious and EASY! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy making dried fruit snacks in my Sedona Dehydrator, however, I’m a busy girl on a mission and drying my own fruit snacks doesn’t always fall into the category of easy for me. I’m keeping it real today with my Crunchy Apple Nachos topped with Fruit Only Salsa, Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream and my Simple Nutty Granola. The perfect snack to keep you rolling along all week.
Simple tips when choosing pre-packaged snacks:
- Less is more when it comes to ingredients.
- All ingredients matter. Yes, that means the high amount of sugar in your favorite breakfast bar isn’t serving you well.
- Look for a nutritional wow factor. Is there something in the product your body needs? (Sugar isn’t one of those things)
- Simple snacks should be easy to pack for school, work or play.
Bare Snacks are one of our go-to snacks in the Kelly house. We love them straight out of the bag with a little squeeze pack of almond butter, crumbled into a salad, or served as the star in our newly created recipe for Apple Nachos.
Why Bare Snacks?
They have a simple philosophy about their products:
- 7 ingredients or less.
- Use ingredients you can pronounce.
- Use only natural ingredients, no artificial anything.
“Our promise to you is to keep it bare. No extra stuff. Just real flavor and wholesome ingredients that are as close to nature as possible.” -Bare Snacks
Simple Nutty Granola:
Make my Nutty Granola on Sunday, keep in a clean jar with tight-fitting lid in your cabinet, and you’re ready for the week. A perfect topper for yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, puddings, or Crunchy Apple Nachos. 🙂
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup oat flour (1/2 cup gluten-free oats buzzed in a coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of high quality fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a large bowl, combine slivered almond, buzzed oats (flour), regular oats, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Using a small bowl, combine coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
- Pour liquid over dry and stir until nuts and oats are well coated.
- Transfer granola to a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove and gently move oats around with a spatula. I find this helps prevent any burning and allows for even cooking. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Check frequently after 10 minutes as to prevent sudden burning.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.
Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream:
Whisk together and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Fruit Only Salsa:
Simply combine diced seasonal fruit. I used organic strawberries and persimmons in my Crunchy Apple Nachos, such a delicious combination.
Putting it all together:
Simply layer Bare Apple Chips with Cinnamon infused Coconut Whipped Cream and Fruit Only “Salsa.” Such a fun twist on classic nachos.