Fall has arrived with it’s dazzling display of colors, beckoning us to gather up those fuzzy socks we’ve had tucked away all summer long and warm up to the fire. It’s time for big mugs of warm soup, hot oatmeal, apple crisps and plenty of piping hot coffee. Although, I’m not the biggest fan of coffee, (I’m more of a tea girl) I do love the taste when incorporated into something sweet. Today’s post is all about fall with a Goofy Foot Foods twist on the classic Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Latte.
What goes into a typical Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Splash of Leche
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Espresso or Strong Brewed Coffee
- Topped with Whipped Cream
Okay, I get it – a whole lot of creamy goodness! What’s a vegan crew to do when they here a call for this classic drink?
We set out to create our own take on this seasonal favorite with a cold diversion from the norm.
Our Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte starts with homemade Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream, speckled with gluten-free Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips. Created to satisfy the familiar creaminess – or should I say dreaminess – of a typical latte, and take our vegan version to another level!
The coffee component for our Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte comes from our newly created recipe for Halloween Coffee Cookies. These cookies will keep you buzzing just like a cup of coffee, unless you choose to use decaffeinated coffee instead. Either way, they are delicious!
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Organic Raw Cashews: Costco, Carlsbad
- Organic Coconut Milk: Native Forest by Edward and Sons
- Organic Coconut Oil: Artisana Organics, Raw, Organic, Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
- Puréed Pumpkin: Trader Joe’s, Encinitas
- Mascobado Cane Sugar: Alter Eco Foods
- Gluten-Free Mini Chocolate Chips: Enjoy Life Foods
- Pumpkin Pie Seasoning: Spicely Organics
Note: Ingredients for Coffee Cookies, found in Halloween Coffee Cookie post.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and then drained
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, as this is already sweetened)
- 3/4 cup Mascobado Sugar (feel free to sub organic sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoon Organic Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Note: Make sure you toss out the old seasoning mix from last year. It typically has lost it's flavor and won't give you that pumpkin pie flavoring you desire.
- Place soaked and drained cashews into a food processor or high-speed blender. Turn on machine until nuts begin to break down.
- Slowly add coconut milk and run machine until mixture is completely creamy.
- Add coconut oil, puréed pumpkin, sugar, molasses, maple syrup, pumpkin pie seasoning and sea salt.
- Continue to blend until creamy!
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker. Follow directions for your specific machine.
- Store in an air-tight ice cream container until ready to serve.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.