Vegan and gluten-free cookies don’t have to be boring. Our Peanut Butter Chocolate Chippers are an updated twist to the old-fashioned peanut butter cookie recipe your grandmother made. I love throwing together a big batch of these babies and freezing them to use when my sweet tooth comes a-knockin’.
Allergies? If so, try our Nut Free Version:
Simply substitute sunflower seed butter for the peanut butter in this recipe. Make sure your chocolate chips are from a nut-free facility. Try Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips as a great option for those with serious allergies.
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal Finely Ground Almond Meal/Flour “Not only do almonds have a healthy boost of protein, they are also very low in carbohydrates and inherently gluten free.”
- Bob’s Red Mill Old-Fashioned Gluten Free Oats “Oats that people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance can enjoy, too!”
- Santa Cruz Organic Light Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter “Made without hydrogenated oils.” Simply nuts and a dash of salt.
- Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil “Our virgin coconut oil is cold-pressed and never refined, deodorized or bleached!”
- Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsals “Dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free dark chocolate morsels.”
- Alter Eco Foods Mascobado Sugar “Alter Eco Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar offers an exceptional kind of sweetness. This traditional unrefined sugar retains the essence of the Islang Asukal it came from, with rich flavors that range from delicate caramel and vanilla to malty molasses and marshmallow.”
- 1 cup gluten-free oats, buzzed in the coffee grinder or food processor
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup Alter Eco Mascobado Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (Optional: use 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup smooth organic peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. (ground oats, almond meal, ground flax, baking powder, baking soda, & sea salt)
- Using a medium size bowl, combine vegan butter, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Drop 1-2" size balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down slightly with your hand before placing in the oven.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. The cookies may seem a little underdone, however, they continue to cook as they cool. I left my cookies in the oven for 13 minutes and they were perfect when cooled.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free