We’re saying goodbye to summer this weekend with our Sweet Pea Shoots and Peaches Salad. A beautiful salad with a grassy sweetness, fitting for any Labor Day gathering. Starting with Organic Girl Sweet Pea Shoots, this salad packs quite a nutritional punch. Did you know Sweet Pea Shoots have seven time more vitamin C than oranges, more vitamin A than tomatoes, and are rich in folic acid?
Love Your Peaches…
- Peaches are rich in fiber, vitamin C, and a good source of flavonoids such as lutein, especially beneficial for preventing macular degeneration.
- Some studies have shown peach extract helpful in fighting breast cancer cells.
Sweet Pea Shoots and Peaches Salad:
A quick, nutritious salad is easily started during a busy week with Organic Girl greens. They have two new noteable mixes on the market, Sweet Pea Shoots and PepperGreens. Both delicious and worth a try.
- 2 packages Organic Girl Sweet Pea Greens
- 3 medium-large organic peaches
- 1 pint organic strawberries
- 1 cup maple sweetened walnuts (Option: use any nuts or seeds of your choosing)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Flora, 7 Sources plant-based Omega 3.6.9
- Place pea shoots on a salad platter.
- Scatter sliced peaches, strawberries and nuts on top.
- Using a high speed blender, add one large peach (pit and skin removed), 1 clove garlic, balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Give the blender a whirl until peach is broken down and dressing is creamy. Add in 7 Sources oil and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour over salad just before serving.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.