I’m often asked how I get my family to eat their veggies. The short answer is simple, offer a variety of color, texture and flavors. Serve with an easy-to-make, nutrient-rich homemade veggie-based dip or dressing to pump up the flavor. (Yes, dressings and dips can be made with MORE veggies). No need for excess oil or sugar, simply use the veggies you have on hand and blend them up in your Vitamix or other high speed blender. Our Herb Roasted Summer Veggies are packed with flavor and combine cauliflower florets, ripe summer squash, and Herbs de Provence (French thyme, savory, fennel, rosemary, marjoram, basil, lavender and tarragon). Feel free to use any of your favorite herbal combinations or simply sprinkle with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Homemade Creamy Avocado Green Goddess Dressing: delicious when poured over our Herb Roasted Summer Veggies
Simple dressing: Add all ingredients to your blender and give it a whirl.
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove raw garlic
- 1 large handful fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme, dill – or any combination)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2-4 tablespoons maple water for a thinner consistency.
- Optional: If you enjoy a little sweetness, add 1 small pitted date or a splash of real maple syrup.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-4 zucchini or any summer squash of choice, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons dried herbal blend of choice (We used Herbs de Provence from our local Savory Spice Shop)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh chives or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine prepared veggies in a large bowl. Toss with coconut oil, sea salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- Lay coated vegetables out in a single layer on a baking pan.
- Roast 15-25 minutes. Note: I prefer my veggies a little on the crispy side, therefore typically only roast for about 15 minutes. Cooking time is completely up to you taste. The longer the cooking time, the sweeter the veggie.
- Garnish with fresh chives or parsley. Drizzle with our Creamy Green Goddess Dressing.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.