Today was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! Who knew? In celebration of this cookie-loving day, Faith and I decided to make one of our favorite recipes, Gluten Free Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies…with a twist. Instead of chocolate chips, we simply broke up one of our favorite chocolate bars from Theo Chocolate and added a few dried tart cherries.
Theo Chocolate is a Fair Trade chocolate company based in Seattle with a passion for responsible chocolate products. From bean to bar, Theo maintains the highest standards for chocolate production with both fair-trade and organic certifications. Their facility located in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle offers factory tours that are both informative and fun. The tour is a “must-do” during your next visit to the Pacific Northwest.
Why we love using Theo Chocolate in our Gluten Free Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies…
Theo Chocolate cares about anyone and everyone who loves chocolate! It’s that simple!!!
- Organic Ingredients
- Fair Trade Certification
- No Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO’s)
- 1 cup dry-roasted and unsalted pistachios, shelled
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup oat flour (Tip: buzz gluten-free oats in your coffee grinder)
- 1/3 cup sweet brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flaxseeds (Tip: grind seeds in coffee grinder to form a fine powder)
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup homemade pistachio butter (Option: Substitute any nut or seed butter you have on hand)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Theo Pure 70% Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried Tart Cherries (optional)
- Add 1 cup of dry-roasted, unsalted and shelled pistachios to your food processor or high-speed blender. Begin pulsing and blending until a moist ball begins to form. This should have the consistency of a chunky nut butter.
- Add 3 tablespoons coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt, continue blending until the oil and the nut butter come together.
- You should end up with about 3/4 cup of pistachio coconut butter.
- Combine dry ingredients: oat flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, ground golden flax seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, baking soda, sea salt and 1/4 cup chopped pistachios.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Combined wet ingredients: 3/4 cup homemade pistachio coconut butter, maple syrup, coconut palm sugar and vanilla.
- Stir until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients, wet ingredients, chopped cherries and chopped chocolate chunks. Mix with a large spoon until well combined. The mixture will be a bit on the dry side. Don't worry, these still come out amazing!
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and form into balls. Place each ball on a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.