There’s just nothing easier to make than a big bowl of Zoodles for a quick lunch or dinner. Vegetable noodles are low in calories, nutrient dense and work well for just about every dietary lifestyle. (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, paleo, low-carb…you get the idea). Read below for a list of our favorite vegetables and equipment needed to make your own zoodles and at home. We’ve also included a recipe for Raw Pad Thai Zoodles made with organic, non-GMO zucchini, carrots, scallions, cilantro, fresh peanuts and Pad Thai dressing, all made in under 5 minutes. ENJOY!
Our favorite veggies for “Oodles of Zoodles”
- crookneck squash
- sweet potato
- butternut squash
Zoodle making is easiest with a spiralizer!
Check out our favorite Spiralizer from Williams-Sonoma in the video below.
If you don’t have a fancy Spiralizer at home, no worries! I made Zoodles for years with a simple Julienne Peeler like this one from Williams-Sonoma.
Raw or slightly cooked, vegetable noodles (aka:zoodles) are sure to become one of your favorite meals. Mix and match veggies for your own Raw Pad Thai Zoodles and let us know what you think. 🙂
- 3 large organic zucchini
- 3 large carrots
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh peanuts (raw or roasted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (substitute: gluten-free tamari or Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar (optional)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup (optional, and only used if not on a low-glycemic diet)
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Create ribbon-style vegetable noodles using a spiralizer or julienne peeler.
- Place vegetable noodles (zucchini, carrots, yellow squash) in a large bowl. Add fresh cilantro and peanuts. Toss lightly.
- Using a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over zoodles and toss lightly.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley.
- vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.