Now that summer is in full-swing, it’s funny how potatoes seem to make an appearance at almost every gathering. From potato chips to potato salad, this simple tuber is an all-star spud that demands attention. Although, I love a good traditional style potato salad, today I’m offering you an upgrade of sorts. Our Roasted Rosemary Mustard Potatoes are definitely a showstopper and winner in my book for both presentation and taste. We’ve combined whole-grain mustard, rosemary, and yellow onions for a crispy potato dish with just the right bite and crunch. Delicious!
Whole Grain Mustard and Maple Sauce:
This simple sauce is perfect as a dip for any roasted potatoes, but can also be used as a topping for your favorite burger.
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small clove pressed garlic
Who knew potatoes could be healthy? Yep – it’s true!
The surprising benefits of (non-fried) potatoes:
- Natural source of iodine if eaten with the skins (iodine is responsible for regulating the thyroid)
- Rich in vitamin B6 and potassium
- Rich in vitamin C
- 2-3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard (I used 3 tablespoons, however if you're not a big fan of the strong bite of whole-grain mustard, use 2 tablespoons instead)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, passed through garlic press
- Juice of about 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes, making sure all dirt and debris is removed.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. I'm a little rustic (aka: hurried) and left my potatoes a little on the large side.
- Cut onion into half moons.
- Using a large bowl, combine prepared potatoes and onions.
- Using a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, whole-grain mustard, pressed garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour mustard mixture over potatoes and onions. Toss until well coated.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.