What goes into a “simple” dessert? For me, a simple and healthy dessert starts with limited ingredients that can be thrown together quickly. My Simple Strawberry Sorbet uses only four ingredients but can easily be made with three. My fourth powerhouse ingredient is the addition of camu camu powder from Navitas Naturals, making this simple dessert, not only low in calories, but high in vitamin C. Great for your skin and your belly.
Our sorbet starts with one of my new favorite finds…Maple Water from Drink Happy Tree.
What’s the deal with Maple Water?
According to Happy Tree…“With the first spring thaw, the tree roots draw fresh water from the ground, which then collects vitamins and minerals stored by the tree for winter. The now nutrient-rich water then flows throughout the tree to ignite the springtoime bloom that we all know and love.”
Benefits of maple water…
- 1/2 the calories and sugar of coconut water
- Rich in nutrients, including electrolytes and B vitamins
- Happy tree sources their maple water from trees right here in the U.S. – No traveling across continents to bring us this light and refreshing drink.
- 1 bottle Happy Tree Maple Water (10 oz)
- 2 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 1 large frozen organic banana
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder from Navitas Naturals
- Place ingredients into a high-speed blender. Use a tamper to press down while blending. This makes for a smooth sorbet.
- Place sorbet in serving dishes and top with your favorite toppings.
- Cacao nibs
- Fresh Strawberries or other fruit
- vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.