In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, and the warm weather we’ve been having in San Diego, I decided to create something a little out of the ordinary for my leprechauns yesterday. My Cold Brew Irish Coffee Floats started with Jupiter Cold Brew Coffee found at the Encinitas and Leucadia Farmers Markets on Wednesdays and Sundays. Cold brew is a less acidic than your typical coffee and tastes amazing, especially with the addition of my vegan Mint Coconut Ice Cream and Coconut Cream. Of course, the entire glass had to be topped off with my favorite chocolate from Chocolatl.com, also sold at the local farmers markets.
Give Cold-Brewing a Try:
Add your favorite organic, ground coffee to a pitcher with water. Let steep overnight (at least 12 hours). Strain through a coffee filter and you’re ready to go. Remember to refrigerate any leftover coffee for up to 5 days. ENJOY!
Simple cold-brew instructions from the Huffington Post.
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Meat of 1 young Thai coconut, thoroughly cleaned with all debris removed
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (not oil)
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 12-15 fresh mint leaves (more or less according to taste)
- Meat of 1 young Thai Coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less according to desired sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare coconut meat.
- Add coconut meat and coconut water to a high-speed blender. Blend, stopping along the way to scrape down the sides.
- Add coconut milk, a little at a time, while blender is runner. The mixture should be smooth and free of lumps or pieces.
- Add sweetener, vanilla, sea salt and mint leaves. Blend until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker. Check instructions for timing. My ice cream took about 20 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and run until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Whisk together coffee, almond milk and maple syrup.
- Add coffee mixture to ice cold mugs, filling about half way.
- Add 1 scoop Mint Coconut Ice Cream
- Top with 1 large dollop of Coconut Cream and Chocolate pieces of your choice.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.