Do you have a busy week ahead of you? If so, planning and prepping a few simple snacks is a must. Let’s get real for a minute, I don’t always make my own organic, soaked, sprouted and dehydrated crackers. Haha! I’ll let you in on a little secret, I’m no different than you! I also struggle with ways to get enough high-quality fuel and vegetables into my diet without spending hours in the kitchen, often turning to a few trusted snack companies to provide me a base for a busy week. Today I’m sharing my idea of a paleo-friendly Roasted Cauliflower Beet Hummus served with Jilz Gluten-Free “Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Crackerz.”
Jilz Gluten-Free “Crackerz” were started by Jill Morris out of a need to provide her gluten intolerant husband Ron a crunchy snack. These amazing little crackers start with simple ingredients, a must when looking for packaged products to share with your family. No fillers, no fluff!
Ingredients for Jilz Gluten Free include: almond flour, organic sesame seeds, organic flax seeds, organic chia seeds, organic tapioca flour, organic apple cider vinegar and a blend of seasonings.
When looking for gluten-free products, make sure you read the label.
When seeking gluten-free items for your family, the package should indicate if the product is truly gluten-free. Look for the certified gluten-free label or the words “Gluten-Free” on the package.
In August of 2013, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a regulation that defines the term “gluten-free” for food labeling. This new definition provides consumers – especially those with celiac disease – the assurance that “gluten-free” claims on food products are consistent and reliable across the food industry, and gives them a standardized tool for managing their health and dietary intake.
- 1 head cauliflower, divided into bite-size pieces and roasted
- 3 red beets, quartered and roasted
- 1 head garlic, roasted (we'll only use 3 cloves of roasted garlic in this recipe - saving the rest for later)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons raw tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces
- Cut beets into quarters
- prep head of garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower and beets with olive oil and place on baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cut stem end off your head of garlic, and place on piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Wrap foil around garlic and place next to cauliflower and beets on your baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven for about 15 minutes. Remove cauliflower and set aside.
- Place baking sheet back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until beets and garlic are tender.
- Using a food processor, add roasted cauliflower, roasted beets (skins removed), 3 cloves roasted garlic (saving the rest for later), juice of 1 lemon, 3 tablespoons tahini, cumin, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Run processor until smooth, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides. Refrigerate and serve as a snack with crackers and veggie sticks, or use as a spread in your favorite wrap.
- gluten-free, paleo-friendly, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.