When it comes to dips and dressings, keeping it simple without the use of added oil is the way to go. The need for quick and healthy snacks during the week is a must for most busy families, but offering veggie sticks can get a bit boring. My solution is to serve these crispy delights (typically prepped on Sunday for a busy week) with a side of my simple Green Goddess Dressing. I love using fresh, organic ingredients in my dips and dressing as a stealth move. Most of the time my family has no idea just how many vegetables they’re actually eating.
Tips and Tricks:
Vegetables can be added to a Vitamix with a few fresh herbs, soaked nuts & seeds, (or an avocado) and a few spices to create unbelievably tasty dips and dressings. Use what you have and give it a try! You’ll never go back to bottled dressings again.
When prepping veggies for the week, make sure you have a clean, flat surface to work on and get the family involved. Give everyone a veggie to prep and you’ll be surprised how inspired they are to actually eat them during the week. Wink!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 scallions, white and green parts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 handful fresh parsley (you could sub more cilantro)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ume vinegar (or more to taste)
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Throw all ingredients into you Vitamix and give it a whirl. Stop to scrape down sides as needed.
- Serve with crispy veggie sticks.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.