Oranges Poranges, what’s for breakfast? We’re serving up my Gluten Free Orange Breakfast Cakes this morning with a simple orange infused coconut cream drizzled on top. These mini bundt cakes might be a little fancy for your typical midweek breakfast but if made in advance, they make an impressive treat for a special occasion.
Inspired by one of American’s favorite breakfast beverages, these little cakes have just the right amount of citrus sunshine coming through.
Our cakes are delicious served “as-is” but truly shine with a bit of spiced coconut cream on top. Add a few orange slices and cup of tea for a beautiful breakfast display.
Much love my friends! ENJOY!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for greasing mini bundt pan (coconut spray works as well)
- 2 cups almond meal (I like making my own, but feel free to purchase Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup oat flour (old fashioned oats buzzed in the coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground golden flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (mix and set aside)
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar (I was out of coconut sugar, but feel free to use that instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- zest of one orange
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease mini Bundt pan, donut pan, or cupcake pan (note: this recipe made 6 mini cakes)
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar - whisk lightly and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients: almond meal, oat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground flax seeds, cinnamon and sea salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Combine wet ingredients: orange juice, applesauce, maple syrup, orange extract, orange zest and coconut milk / apple cider vinegar mixture. Whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Fill mini bundt cakes 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Let cool on rack for another 30 minutes.
- Note: Cakes will continue to set up during the cooling time.
- Place a wire rack on top of your pan and carefully flip over to release cakes from the pan.
- Scoop out the solid cream from the can. (You will not be using the liquid...only the cream on top) Save or discard the liquid.
- Using a hand mixer, whip together coconut cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, ground clove, orange juice and zest. Drizzle over the top of your cakes.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, corn-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.