Are you interested in foods that help support your immune system during the cold winter months and beyond? Vitamin C (a water-soluble vitamin also known as ascorbic acid) is an antioxidant that not only helps to maintain and regenerate connective tissue, but also found protective against heart disease and some types of cancer. Our Boosted Vitamin C Bowl starts with some of our favorite antioxidant rich berries (blackberries and blueberries) and then gets a major “boost” with camu camu powder.
What is camu camu?
Camu-camu are berries grown on a shrub native to the Amazon rainforest. The unusually high concentration of naturally occurring vitamin C give these little berries bragging rights as one of the world’s most treasured power fruits. Camu-camu berries contain potent antioxidants and contain 30-60 times more Vitamin C than an orange.
Where to find camu-camu? Check out: Navitas Naturals
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder
- 1-2 dried figs
- Add all smoothie ingredients into your blend and blend until smooth. Top with any of your favorite toppings. (Our bowl was topped with pumpkin seeds, coconut and dried cranberries)
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.