I’m not sure of a better way to kick off the holidays than with a plate of our Cinnabuddah Almond Butter Cups – a perfect treat for the unexpected visitor. These bite-size, raw chocolate cups are easy-to-make and store nicely throughout the season. What makes our dark-cacao cups so special is not only the love and energy that went into making them, but also the high-quality ingredients.
One of my favorite ingredients in our Cinnabuddah™ Almond Butter Cups comes from Asana Foods. Their “Almond Cinnabuddah™ is AMAZING – made with the perfect blend of roasted almonds, coconut palm nectar, coconut flakes, cinnamon, ginger root and nutmeg. WOW! I’ve also added a nice crispy crunch to my chocolate cups by mixing in Erewhon’s Crispy Brown Rice (Gluten-free) cereal.
How to make your holiday treats shine:
- Start with high-quality, organic and non-GMO ingredients from companies you’ve grown to trust.
- Check out the farmer’s market and chat with local artisans about the passion behind their products.
- Learn first-hand what goes into the making of each product you choose.
- Unsure about a company, don’t be afraid to shoot them an email and ask questions about sourcing, and production.
Cinnabuddah Almond Butter Cups2014-11-25 12:44:05Write a reviewIngredients
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons cacao butter, finely grated
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- pinch of high-quality sea salt
- 1/2 cup Asana Foods Almond Cinnabuddah
- 1/3 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice (gluten-free)
- Begin by finely grating raw cacao butter - you'll need about 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons)
- In a glass bowl, combine coconut oil and grated cacao butter. Place glass bowl over a pot of very hot water.
- Whisk until coconut oil and cacao butter are completely melted and combined.
- Whisk in maple syrup, brown rice syrup and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in raw cacao powder and lucuma. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour melted chocolate into small baking cups, just until the bottom is covered.
- Place cups in freezer.
- Prepare Cinnabuddah Butter by adding 1/3 cup Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice cereal (gluten-free) to 1/2 cup Almond Cinnabuddah. Stir until combined.
- Add a small ball of your almond butter mixture to the top of the hardened chocolate cups.
- Pour remaining chocolate over the almond butter centers.
- Place cups back in freezer until set.
- These little cups set quickly, making for happy holiday baking elves in the kitchen!
- vegan, gluten-free, vegan, soy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.