Fuyu Persimmons are a delicious option when looking for seasonal fruit this fall. This beautiful, tomato-shaped fruit originated in China but is actually the National fruit of Japan. The Fuyu has a bright-orange colored skin with a crisp crunch and sweet taste. No need to peel your Fuyu’s as this specific variety does not have the astringent skin of other persimmons varieties. Today I’ve decided to use my persimmons in our nutrient-packed Fuyu Persimmons Maqui Smoothie. Colorful, nutritious and delicious! A treat for the whole family this fall.
Benefits of Persimmons in our Fuyu Persimmons Maqui Smoothie:
- Rich in Vitamins A and C
- Rich in manganese
- A good source of dietary fiber
- Low in calories but rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants
- Grow wild throughout parts of Chile
- Contain an abundance of anti-aging anthocyanin due to their deep purple pigment.
- High in Vitamin C
Resources for Maqui Berries:
- Navitas Naturals
- Sunfood Superfoods Fuyu Persimmons Maqui Smoothie2014-10-21 13:26:07Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut water
- 1 persimmons, washed and quartered
- 1 teaspoon maqui powder
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries or mixed berries
- 1 frozen banana
- Topping: Top with sliced persimmons and dried mulberries
- Add all smoothie ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.