If you find yourself overwhelmed and in need of a quick, raw dessert for your friends and family this weekend, give our Seasonal Vegan Fruit Parfait a try! This whole-food dessert is made from some of Mother Nature’s simplest ingredients…fresh, organic fruit. The combination of seasonal fruit and creamy coconut whipped cream is complimented with our raw caramel sauce and toasted nuts. YUM!
Why choose seasonal fruit?
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables are readily available, often grown locally, and easily found at farm stands, CSA’s and larger-scale markets like Whole Foods.
- Purchasing seasonal produce is typically more cost effective due to local availability and reduction in transportation costs.
- Seasonal fruits and veggies are typically more nutritious having been picked at the peak of ripeness. This is especially true when purchasing from your local farmer’s market or CSA. Many of the out-of-season fruits and veggies have been picked well in advance of being ripe and traveled quite a distance in a box waiting to ripen. Not the most ideal situation!
“Eating with the seasons also brings variety to your diet — and that helps you get the full complement of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that nature offers.”Resources: Meltzer Warren, MS. (2010). Healthy Food Season by Season. http://www.clevelandclinicwellness.com/food/SeasonalEating/Pages/HealthyFoodSeasonBySeason.aspx#
- 4 cups seasonal fruit, rinsed and cut into bite size pieces
- Meat of 1 young Thai coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, (refrigerate a can of full-fat coconut overnight - scoop cream off the top in the morning)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- small pinch of sea salt
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and softened
- 2 heaping tablespoons raw almond butter
- 4 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Prep seasonal fruit
- Add the meat of coconut to a high speed blender with 1/4 cup coconut milk and coconut nectar. Blend until the meat of the coconut has become creamy. If needed add a little water - 1 tablespoon at a time). When smooth and creamy, add coconut cream, vanilla, and a pinch of sea salt. Blend until fluffy and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Using a parfait glass, layer your fruit, coconut cream, and caramel.
- Top with toasted nuts or more fruit. It's up to you!
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.