How to increase protein in a plant-based diet: Start with the understanding that getting enough protein from a vegan diet requires eating from the rainbow of foods Mother Nature has given us. No single source of protein, plant or animal, is perfect. Beyond offering a variety of beans, legumes, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds, I often go for a quick-fix when amping up the amount of protein in my diet. This typically means turning to the highest-quality vegan protein sources I can find that are easily added to smoothies. Yep, smoothies! Today I’m sharing one of my favorites, our Boosted Protein Power Smoothie, using Sunwarrior – Natural Warrior Blend, and Harmless Harvest Coconut Water. YUM! This smoothie is a crowd pleaser and something I’m always proud to serve.
Sunwarrior Natural Warrior Blend contains:Raw pea protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Raw Hemp Protein, Coconut MCT’s, Fenugreek, Konjac, and Leucine 1 Serving = 20 grams of protein
- 1 cup Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- 4-5 Harmless Harvest Coconut Ice Cubes (Pour coconut water in ice cube trays and freeze)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or blackberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Raw Vegan Protein - Natural Warrior Blend
- Optional: 1-2 dates for added sweetness
- Add all smoothie ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. ENJOY!
- vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free
- All recipes and images are protected under copyright laws and owned by Kris Kelly and Goofy Foot Foods.