Now that summer is winding down, you put away the sunscreen and beach towels, vacuum the sand from your car (no judgement needed from the carpool moms), start the daily trek back and forth to school, and fit in a few emails while the kiddos are at practice. I guess you could say…WELCOME to fall! Hurrying to get the lunches made and provide a healthy snack for that midday burnout, might leave you frustrated, especially when dealing with family members (or friends) with nut allergies. What is with all the nut allergies kids and adults are experiencing these days anyway? Unfortunately, I don’t have the answer to that question, but I do have a solution…our nutrient-dense Blissful Bites! These little energy bites are completely nut free, packed with antioxidants and delicious!
According to FoodAllergy.org (FARE), “tree nut allergy is one of the most common food allergies in children and adults. Tree nuts can cause a severe, potentially fatal, allergic reaction.” YIKES! Before sharing food with friends and loved ones who might be sensitive to nuts, make sure to read the labels.
Our Blissful Bites use sunflower seed butter as the base, leaving them completely nut free. We’ve amped up the nutrition with goji berries, fruit sweetened cranberries from Eden Foods, and baobab powder from Longevity Warehouse
Baobab is high in fiber and a rich source of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron. Now that’s a superfood!
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice sweetened organic cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Baobab powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon high-quality sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and begin pulsing until mixture comes together. It should be sticky and easily rolled into bite-size balls.
- Roll into balls and place in refrigerator until set.
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free