Wild Blueberry Lemon Bites – a deliciously elegant snack any time of the day. These little energy bites get their superfood power from wild blueberries, a great source of phytonutrients, and rich in antioxidants. The combination of blueberries and tart lemon make these little energy bites perfect for tea-time, or any time. ENJOY!
Why wild blueberries? Harvested commercially only in Maine and Canada, these North American berries are considered one of our most treasured superfoods. We’ve used Eden Foods Wild Blueberries for today’s recipe.
- 2 cups soaked walnuts (soaked overnight, rinsed thoroughly in the morning)
- 5-6 pitted dates
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon (or more if you love the taste of lemon like I do)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (Pinch) Himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried wild blueberries
- Place soaked nuts and dates in the food processor. Pulse until a coarse meal begins to form.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Pulse until mixture begins to come together.
- I mixed in my wild blueberries in by hand, but I'm sure a few pulses in the food processor will work as well.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough between your hands until a ball forms. Roll the balls in unsweetened, shredded coconut - or leave plain...either way, they taste great!
- vegan-paleo, snacks