Our Mocha Cacao Chia Pudding is definitely a crowd-pleaser and incredibly easy to make. We gave Omgblends – Mocha Milk Latte a try in this recipe, and I’m so glad we did! Omgblends offers raw, sprouted almond milks made with organic almonds and no crazy additives like carageenan! I love recipes that are “semi-homemade,” saving time without losing the “wow” effect – that’s my kind of dessert.
Why use chia seeds in pudding?
Chia seeds are one of nature’s most unique and amazing foods.
These tiny seeds come packed with omega-3’s, are rich in antioxidants, and contain NO gluten!
How to use chia?
1. Egg substitute: Grind 1 tablespoon chia seeds in a coffee grinder. Add 3 tablespoons water, stir, and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Pump up the nutrition in any smoothie: Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds to any of your favorite smoothie recipes.
3. Basic Chia pudding: General rule of thumb is to use 1 cup liquid (we like almond milk) to 3 tablespoons chia seeds. Add about 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener of your choice…coconut nectar, maple syrup, or honey (non-vegan). Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Chia Gel: Same as for chia pudding without the milk. 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons chia. Place in refrigerator overnight. Use to thicken soups or sauces.
5. Chia Power Drink: Say goodbye to “sports drinks” with all of the added sugar and coloring. Instead simply add 2 tablespoons chia seeds to 1.5 cups of Harmless Harvest coconut water or Watermelon Water (@wtrmlnwtr). No added sweetener needed!
- 1-1/2 OmgBlends Mocha Milk Latte
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 vanilla bean pod, seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Add in chia seeds and blend on low speed until mixed in.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.