Looking for a quick and nutritious snack? Give our Hemp Seed and Basil Hummus a try. Hemp seeds give any vegan dish a boost of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber.
Simple Living Tip: For more information on hemp seeds, please check out: Hemp Industry Association
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas - Option: used BPA free canned chickpeas
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos - or 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place chickpeas, minced garlic, basil leaves, and hemp seeds in a food processor.
- Pulse for one minute. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil and coconut aminos. Process until smooth, scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Serve with fresh veggies!